Olympia Pest Prevention Tips
Effective Advice To Protect Properties Throughout Thurston, Lewis, & Mason Counties
At Venables Pest Management, we understand that the best way to deal with a pest problem is to never let it start in the first place. That’s why we offer Olympia residents our quarterly service program and professional advice on how to keep pests from taking over their homes and businesses. With years of experience under our belt, our technicians are extensively trained and knowledgeable in all aspects of pest prevention. Whether you need help with an existing infestation or just want tips on keeping your property safe, Venables Pest Management has you covered!
Our quarterly service program is designed to provide a year-round pest prevention solution for Olympia residents. Our team of experienced technicians is extensively trained and knowledgeable about the best methods and practices for keeping pests from returning after being treated. We use the latest products, materials, and techniques to create a barrier of protection from unwanted pests that can withstand all four seasons.
We also offer our customers pest prevention tips that they can do themselves to help keep pests away. This includes simple advice such as keeping food stored in airtight containers and sealing any cracks or crevices around the exterior of your home with silicone caulk. Additionally, regularly cleaning and disinfecting your property can also help reduce the chances of an infestation from occurring.
Keep reading to learn some effective tips on pest prevention and exclusion. If you are interested in our quarterly pest prevention program, call us at (360) 443-5813 or contact us online and one of our Olympia pest prevention specialists will be in touch with you soon!
Why Choose Us?
20+ Years Experience
Customized Treatment Plans
Family Owned & Operated
Pest Prevention Tips
One of the most effective ways to keep pests from returning is to take proactive steps yourself. While our skilled technicians do an outstanding job addressing and eliminating invasions, it's up to you to ensure that your property's conditions are not conducive to pest reinfestation.
Here are some of our top pest prevention tips:
- Seal all cracks, crevices, and openings in your walls and foundation. This prevents pests from entering in the first place!
- Remove possible food sources like open containers or unsealed food boxes. Pests love these areas!
- Regularly check your property for signs of infestation, such as droppings or chewed woodwork. If you see anything suspicious, contact a professional right away.
- Keep your garbage bins covered and clean up any spillages immediately. Pests will often congregate around these areas if they can access them.
- Make sure your outdoor areas are kept clean and well-maintained. Pests will often find shelter in these areas.
- Trim back branches, shrubbery, and other vegetation to eliminate structural contact.
- Provide at least 3” clearance from the bottom of the siding to the soil/landscape material so that the bottom of the foundation can be clearly seen.
- Eliminate outside food sources such as fallen fruit from fruit/nut trees, berry bushes, etc.
- Keep pet food stored in airtight containers. Do not leave bowls of pet food out for long periods.
- Do not store firewood or other items against your house. This may provide harborage areas for pests.
- Promptly correct plumbing leaks.
- Keep gutters and downspouts cleared, properly connected, and pointed away from the building.
- Properly screen/secure all vents and openings. Openings may allow rodents easy access to your home’s substructure.
At Venables Pest Management, we also offer comprehensive pest exclusion services to help keep your property safe from unwanted visitors. Our technicians use the latest techniques and materials to make sure pests can’t get back into your home or business after they’ve been eliminated. This includes sealing up cracks and crevices with caulk, inspecting pipes for damage, repairing damaged roofing, and even replacing insulation if necessary. We also provide tips on how to keep your property free of pests in the future – so you never have to worry about an infestation again!
Some exclusion to-dos you can do include:
- Regularly inspect your property for signs of pests.
- Seal any cracks or holes in walls and foundations.
- Remove food sources like open containers and unsealed food boxes.
- Make sure your outdoor areas are clean and well-maintained.
- Consider pest exclusion services to prevent pests from returning after treatment.
- Contact a professional if you see signs of an infestation.
As a long-time pest control company in Olympia, we understand that keeping pests from seeking out your property and establishing themselves is the best way to protect your home or business. With our comprehensive pest prevention advice, Olympia residents can rest assured that their properties are safe from unwanted visitors.
Get in touch with us today at (360) 443-5813 to learn more about our services and how we can help you keep your property stay pest-free for years to come!
“Provides consistently great customer service, always punctual, friendly, and on top of keeping the critters away!”