Frequently Asked Questions
Do you take care to minimize environmental impact?
Absolutely. At Venables Pest Management, we strive to use products that are eco-friendly and less damaging to the environment. For example, we had solar panels installed at our office by South Sound Solar. We believe we should do our part to help the environment! We use a pest control method called Integrated Pest Management, also known as IPM.
IPM is based on three fundamental beliefs:
- Apply control measures only when necessary;
- Manage pest problems with a thorough understanding of the pest and its nature. Afterward, our aim is to disrupt its needs by reducing its ability to eat, drink, and secure harborage;
- When control measures are used, select those that pose the least risk to people and the surrounding environment.
Although the use of pesticides can prove effective in some situations, pesticides are just one of many tools. When it is determined that pesticides must be used, the selection and application process is based on specific factors. For instance, how to achieve the lowest possible risk to people and the surrounding environment. Additionally, precise treatments are made directly to the building structure, greatly minimizing any airborne residual effects.
What can I expect my service to be like?
- An inspection must first be scheduled with our office.
- The inspector will arrive at the appointed time to evaluate the problem at hand. Please be ready to discuss all recent pest activity you’ve noticed. Be sure that the inspector can safely access all areas around your home. Access to your sub-area may be needed as well.
- Based on the findings, a treatment plan will be created. This will include a diagram to illustrate the findings and a written agreement. The agreement will document the specific actions your service will entail, which pests will be addressed, and what the total cost will be.
- Upon your approval, a time will be scheduled to implement the plan.
- Service(s) will be performed, as specified on your Service Agreement. Since we’re dealing with living organisms, it usually takes a period of time for the treatment to work effectively. It is essential that you communicate any additional concerns with your inspector. Your inspector will let you know what to expect so that you may let us know if additional control measures are needed.
- If you choose to continue on a preventative maintenance service, the service will be scheduled during the months noted on your agreement. For more information about ongoing maintenance services, please speak with your inspector or contact our office at (360) 443-5813.
Do you offer payment plans?Yes. However, they must be prearranged with your technician prior to beginning your service. Otherwise, payment is due at the time of service. We also accept Visa and Mastercard, as well as a convenient online payment option.
Do you offer Senior or Military Discounts?Yes! Seniors over the age of 65 and active Military personnel & Veterans receive a 5% discount on new Pest Control Services.
How much will it cost?
We believe that one size does NOT fit all. Important things that must be considered in determining the cost of a service include:
- The target pest - Different control methods are used for each different kind of pest. For some, control measures may solely include eliminating food, water, or harborage. Others may require a material application. However, even the kinds of baits, pesticides, rodenticides, and the application method used differ depending on the type of pest.
- Size of your house or building being serviced
- Conditions within your house/structure and the surrounding environment are a factor. Certain conditions make your home a viable habitat for the pest(s) we’re working to control.
There is no charge to provide an estimate for a specific pest problem. However, please note that this is different than a Pest Consultation. All noises, smells, and inquiries that are unable to designate a specific pest or nest site (with yellow jackets) will be investigated by completing a Pest Consultation. The cost for a Pest Consultation is $140 + tax.
Before beginning your service, you will receive a written agreement. This shows what specific actions your service will entail, which pests will be addressed, and what the total cost will be. Upon your approval, your service will be scheduled and treatment will be initiated.
Will I have to sign up for a long-term service plan?No. We have maintenance programs available. We certainly recommend that homes be on one of these to prevent reinfestations. HOWEVER, whether or not you choose to continue with our service is YOUR CHOICE.